Siemens Digital Industries Process Automation is looking for a dynamic, experienced financial professional to lead our Gas Chromatographs and Integration Global Sub-Segment. This business is undergoing a significant, yet exciting, reinvention. Following the consolidation of its factories into one world class operation in Houston early in fiscal 2020, and the shift of the global headquarters to Houston effective as of April 2021, it is now time to realize synergies and enhance process efficiencies. We are heading towards an exciting future driven by digitalization of our own processes, improved time to market through product and solution optimization, and continued strong alliance relationships with our customers. The ideal person for the Global Sub-Segment Controller will lead this business towards that future working alongside the Head of the Sub-Segment as a business alliance partner.
The Sub-Segment Financial Controller will report the into Global Measurement Intelligence Finance head within Process Automation and is responsible managing the global financials of the business, including the manufacturing locations in Germany and Singapore, out of the newly announced Houston, TX headquarters. This position will play an integral role redefining the global business model for the Gas Chromatographs and Integration group and driving profitability.Responsibilities
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Responsible for all finance functions including financial planning and reporting, internal controls, commercial project management, business administration such as order management, supply chain management.
- Responsible for P&L, balance sheet, and cash performance, including all finance related activities, risk management and accuracy of books & records.
- Drive business results by pro-actively identifying opportunities for business process and financial improvements and ensuring timely execution.
- Serve as close advisor and Business Partner to the Head of the Sub-Segment in all questions related to financial performance, financial risk management, and compliant business operations. while executing business strategy.
- Work with Sub-Segment Head to develop strategic turnaround plan to optimize the global footprint and the portfolio of the business and improve profitability
- Serve as key contributor in the Business Performance management process by providing financial transparency on business activities, insightful analysis and targets, predictions or models on future business development.
- Oversee supply chain management to ensure seamless supply of material and goods while maintaining healthy inventory levels and turns.
- Work closely with the operations management to ensure continuous improvement in all manufacturing, logistics and customer support processes and high reliability in all delivery KPI's.
- Work closely with the sales management to ensure adequate support in bid development and LOA processes and to help steer profitable, capital efficient growth.
- Support all business functions with financial planning, reporting and analysis, as well as state-of-the-art IT infrastructure & tools to ensure business continuity and drive digitalization and automation of all internal processes.
- Lead, motivate and develop team of financial professionals to deliver business results and drive employee productivity and engagement.
- Report financial performance and progress on key initiatives to the management on a regular basis.
- Build and maintains trustful relationships with major customers, suppliers and key stakeholders in the worldwide matrix organization.
- Drive agility and creative solutions to support changing market and business models.
- Ensure business continuity amidst changing environments.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BA in Finance
- MUST have at least 10 years of the following experience:
- Managing P&L and Cash Flow
- Strong working proficiency with GAAP
- Hands on working knowledge with SAP
- Leading teams with more than 20 members
- Working in a multi-national, matrix environment
- Working on Global Projects
- Global mindset ensuring equally strong support for affiliate / global business
- Ability to interact with interdisciplinary & international teams
- Strong sense of ownership and drives improvement throughout the entire organization
- Effective change management skills with experience of driving the organization and culture towards desired outcomes
- Ability to manage without expressing authority, building appropriate rapport with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Able to lead cross- departmental indirect team
- Currently in a similar role in which they are managing P&L
- Manufacturing experience in both product and project business.
- Familiarity with Siemens internal IT structure including tools such as Web Focus, Essbase, Hyperion, Tableau
Siemens Industry, Inc.Experience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalJob Type:
Full-timeEqual Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.