Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
This is the career for you!
Siemens Building Technologies is actively searching for a Building Automation Construction Sales Manager
managing one of our largest growth opportunities for Los Angeles
. Reporting into the Cypress office, the Sales Manager is responsible for driving employees to achieve business selling goals within the appropriate division through managing the sales function and ensuring strong customer relationships are established and maintained.Highlights
- Competitive base salary plus a great bonus structure
- Leverage of the Siemens Building Technologies Service & Product portfolios in expanding your customer base
- Excellent benefits package including, medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, generous paid time off, and company vehicle program - all of which starts on day one of employment
- Quick ramp-up time with Siemens new Ready To Sell Development Program to help Managers onboard their sales staff: a structured sales development program that provides new sales hires with a one-year plan for learning about the products, processes, and people that will help them achieve their performance targets in the least amount of time
- Promote team selling and expansion of existing relationships across divisions and/or geographic areas
- Coordinate engineering and sales support activities to facilitate offering and supporting quality products; Acts as a resource to sales employees regarding SBTs products, applications and services
- Drive sales employees to achieve commitment to Building Technologies' philosophy and customer satisfaction
- Communicate goals, provide coaching to develop skills, manage employee performance, and provide performance appraisals
- Review bidding to ensure accuracy and appropriate method to meet company and customer objectives. Assist employees in determining margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business
- Participate in selling to large/key accounts as needed. Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts and consider these customers' needs relative to new product development
- Support Building Technologies by networking with Zone, Branch, and corporate headquarters to increase knowledge of offerings, for yourself, your team and other employees
- Provide input for best practice work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects
- Develop sales forecast and provide input to budget. Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to maximize impact to SBT. Participate in development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies
- Develop sales/ marketing promotions for distribution channels
- Aware of competitor product/service information and advises employees on effective sales tactics as needed
- Maintains trade contacts and participates in functions in industry associations in accordance with company policy
- Selling Engineered Systems Sales/Management, Service business to business Sales/Management, Building Automation, Temperature Controls, Fire Alarm or Security experience is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field highly preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED required) and directly related experience will also be considered
- 8+ years of sales experience including two years of experience managing sales teams within a similar Building Automation industry
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills for coaching sales staff and interfacing with customers
- Ability to travel up to 15% of time
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing in order to participate in the Siemens vehicle program.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Industry, Inc.Experience Level:
Experienced ProfessionalJob Type:
Full-timeEqual Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.